Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Cream Style Corn


If you know me, you know I'm not a big fan of vegetables. But one vegetable I love is corn (and yes, I know it is a "starch" and not a green vegetable, but it is one of the few veggies of any kind I actually like).


I love that summer means fresh corn. My two favorite ways to eat it are on the cob and making cream style corn, so today I'm sharing how to do that.

Ingredients:
  • 8 ears of corn 
  • Bacon fat
  • Water
  • Butter 
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
Yield: 4 servings


Cut the corn off the ears, scraping the ears with a knife.


Cover a skillet bottom with bacon fat.


Heat to medium heat and add the corn and corn liquid.


When it thickens, add water.


Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour.


When done, add butter, salt, and pepper to taste.


This makes a delicious side dish - we recently had it with BBQ chicken and it was so good!

2 comments:

  1. That looks very good. I can only eat a limited amount of corn myself, it doesn't love me. I love a lot of veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really only like corn, potatoes, and peppers. Not the healthiest I know, LOL.

      Delete