Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Spritz Cookies


Another one of the cookies we make every Christmas is spritz.  These light, buttery cookies are really tasty.  You need a cookie press to make these - Wilton makes a pretty good one and so do some other brands.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 extra egg yolks
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • optional: food coloring (if you use food coloring, be sure to use the paste (or gel) kind - the liquid can mess up the recipe.  We use Wilton's, and it works well.)


Cream the butter in a mixer.


Add the sugar and blend.


Add the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and salt and mix.


Gradually add the flour while mixing.


You can add some food coloring if you want to - we used red . . .


and green!


Use the cookie press to form your designs.  Press the cookies onto an unlined cookie sheet.


Bake at 350ºF for 13 minutes.


Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet and place on a wire rack to cool.


Enjoy and be sure to give your baking supervisor(s) a little taste too!

2 comments:

  1. OMG these are my ALL TIME FAVES!! I am DYING!!! I want to eat the computer!! lol!!!!!!! Thank you for the recipe (like I need it lol). If I looked like you I would eat these all of the time! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ate them all the time, I probably wouldn't look like this. LOL.

      Delete