Monday, December 11, 2017

Peanut Brittle


Every Christmas, we make peanut brittle.  My mom used to do a more complicated method on the stovetop, but a couple years ago, we found that this microwave method tastes just as good and is a lot easier, so this is the recipe use now.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups raw peanuts
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. baking soda


To begin, grease a cookie sheet with butter.



Combine the sugar, corn syrup, peanuts, and salt in a 2 quart microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave on high for 4 minutes.


Stir the ingredients. Microwave on high for an additional 4 minutes.


Add the butter and microwave on high for an additional 2 minutes.


Stir in the vanilla and baking soda until it is light and foamy.


Spread onto the buttered cookie sheet as thinly as possible.  Allow the brittle to cool and break into pieces.


Are there any cookies or candies you make every Christmas?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't seen this microwave version before. Thanks for
    posting. I am going to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... you got me too!! I'm so making this. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey .... I saw this and never did try it. I will now. The next time the Grandkids are here I am so doing this.

    ReplyDelete