Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Giblet Gravy


I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving weekend.  We were busy - Sunday was my birthday too!  As I said last week, I'm going to be posting some of our Thanksgiving recipes and today I'm posting the recipe for our giblet gravy - we put it over the turkey, the mashed potatoes, and the cornbread dressing (which I'll be putting up the recipe for soon).

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • Turkey giblets and neck
  • Turkey juice
  • Water
  • 1/4 cup flour


Poach the giblets and turkey neck for about an hour.  Take out of the broth, keeping the broth. Pick turkey off the neck and dice the giblets.  Hard boil the eggs (allow the eggs to cook 10 minutes in boiling water).  Peel the eggs and chop them into small bits.


Add some turkey juice from the cooking turkey, about 1 cup water, and 1/4 cup flour to the turkey broth from poaching the neck and giblets.  


Boil until thickened, then add the chopped eggs and diced giblets.  Keep warm over low heat until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment